Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Losing Sleep Over Bracelets

Last night I stayed up until midnight making bracelets to replenish my dwindling stock.. This week has been a good one for me because I sold a number of earrings and bracelets. Thanks to my loyal clients! Hugs!

Since I'm a newbie, I find making bracelets a tad challenging and a bit more difficult to design than earrings. I remember breaking and losing beads quite a number of times; doing 5-6 knots just to secure elastic but the knots would still unwind until I found out about how useful super glue is; etc. I can name all the disasters during my first attempts at making bracelets but thinking about them makes me want to cry again. :p

But tonight, after reading some articles online on how to make bracelets a few days ago and finding some nice clasps and stringing wires at bead shops, I was able to make a number of bracelets without much difficulty. I did lose a lot of beads when one of the knots got unwound last night after testing the strength with my hands. The stress test for the nylon was too much for it, it snapped and the beads ricocheted everywhere to my horror. It was pretty hilarious. I swore and cussed so loud that my mom woke up and found me crawling on the floor looking for the scattered beads. Imagine a 9-month pregnant woman on all fours, looking for beads in every corner of the house! LOL

So here are the few bracelets I made last night.. I know the designs are very simple. I used half of a clam shell embedded with pearls for background. I bought this in one of the bead shops I go to at only PhP 30. Cheap huh?

*Rainbow Swarovski crystal bracelet with etched coral pendant*
*Tear drop and cubic Swarovski crystal earrings... I used sterling silver for the hook*

*I call this Christmas Tea bracelet: I used Green Cat's Eye beads, red "whatchamacollit" beads and crystal rounded Swarovski crystals*

*Mint green "whatchamacallit" beads; black sandstone beads and leaf-shaped, side-drilled cherry quartz accents*
*Ox-crystal bracelet*
*Macro mode for the crystal-ox bracelet*
*Ox bead earrings*


*New members of my bead family.. hehehe My favorite? All of them! These beads are courtesy of Tintin.. She sent me these via courier a few days ago.. :D*
*Beaded flip flops I made for Tintin*

0 comments: